This year, we are at the Sheraton Memphis Downtown Hotel in Memphis, Tennessee.
Everything you need for:
is on this page.
Registering for SIGCSE 2016
Onsite registration will be open Wednesday from 3:00PM to 9:30PM, Thursday from 7:30AM to 5:30PM, Friday from 8:00AM to 5:00PM, and Saturday from 8:30AM to 11:45AM and 2:00PM to 3:00PM.
SIGCSE 2016 takes place between March 2nd and March 5th of 2016.
As always, we encourage attendees to register early. This helps us with our planning, and in return, you get lower registration rates!
Also, if you are not currently a SIGCSE member, you should consider joining at the same time that you register for the conference. Professionals can save between $30 and $55, while both professionals and students save time by not having to fill out a separate membership form. The benefits of SIGCSE membership are too numerous to list here, but they include the quarterly publications ACM Inroads and the SIGCSE Bulletin, free access to SIGCSE publication archives, access to the SIGCSE-ANNOUNCE and SIGCSE-MEMBERS mailing lists, and the opportunity to network within a community of computing professionals.
Professionals should choose one of the “Non-member joining SIGCSE” registration categories, which are less expensive than the Non-member category. Students simply choose the “Student Non-member” registration category, and then don’t opt-out of the included membership (that’s right – it couldn’t be much easier). Alternatively, you could join SIGCSE, wait for your membership number, and then register for the conference using the “Member” category.
But wait! There’s more! Student volunteers get reimbursed for their conference registration, so they actually get free SIGCSE membership when they join at the same time that they register for the conference. Important: to get this benefit, students must register as volunteers through a system separate from conference registration.
Apply through February 2nd
Apply from February 3rd through February 23rd
Closed from February 24th through March 1st, while registration packets are prepared
Available beginning Wednesday, March 2nd at 3PM
K-12 Educators, Workshops, and Students
|K-12 two-day (Friday/Saturday)
||$150 for early, $180 for late or onsite
|K-12 one-day (Saturday)
||$80 for early, $110 for late or onsite
|Students (at any time)
||$60 for ACM/SIGCSE members, $72 for non-members
||$75 early; $90 late; $100 onsite
The following is the official word from email@example.com regarding letters of support for visas. Your requests should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the information described below.
Visa support letters are answered in the order they are received. You will receive a PDF letter by email within the next 4-5 business days. Please note we do not fax visa support letters. The PDF serves as a signed electronic version of the original letter which will be mailed to your current mailing address. If you do not receive the letter by post mail on time for your visa appointment, please print out your PDF letter and take it with you.
Please be sure you have included all of the following information below in your original email:
- Your name as it appears on your passport
- Your current postal mailing address
- The name of the conference you wish to attend
- Your Registration Confirmation Number
- If you have any papers accepted for the conference, please provide the title and indicate whether you are the ‘sole author’ or a ‘co- author’
Note that it could take some time for your request to be honored; leave plenty of time.
Reserving a Room
We are at the Sheraton Memphis Downtown Hotel in Memphis, Tennessee. You can reserve your room now; don't wait!
The conference rate is $141 plus tax per night.
- Sheraton Memphis Downtown Hotel (reservations)
Deadline: January 30th, 2016
250 North Main Street, Memphis,Tennessee 38103
So go reserve your room now. Conference room rates are guaranteed until January 30th, 2016. Please make your reservations before that date to ensure the SIGCSE rate.
If you encounter any difficulties in booking, don't be afraid to use the phone; the Sheraton staff will be glad to assist you.
The hotel requires a credit card to hold reservations. Your credit card will not be charged until your stay. If you need to cancel your reservation, 24 hours’ notice is required.
Probably Needed: Overflow Options
The conference hotel is pretty full, and these are our contracted overflow hotels. They’re really close to the conference center.
Mariott Courtyard (reservations)
Booking Code: ACMB
Deadline: Feburary 1st, 2016
75 Jefferson Avenue, Memphis, TN 38103
Mariott SpringHill Suites (reservations)
Booking Code: ACMA
Deadline: Feburary 1st, 2016
85 West Court Avenue, Memphis, TN 38103
YET MORE HOTELS
In no particular order, these additional hotels are generally within easy transportation distance (walking, bus) of the hotel. We recommend you use Google Maps to figure out what it looks like “on the ground” before you blindly reserve space into one of these.
- Crowne Plaza, Memphis Downtown
- Phone: +1-(901)-525-1800
- 300 N. Second Street
- CODE: SIGSE (yes, it looks like they might have this as our code)
- Sleep Inn at Court Square
- Phone: +1-(901)-522-9700
- 40 N. Front Street
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel - Memphis Downtown
- Phone: +1-(901)-528-1800
- 185 Union Ave.
- Comfort Inn - Downtown
- Phone: +1-(901)-526-0583
- 100 N. Front St.
- Residence Inn by Marriott
- Phone: +1-(901)-578-3700
- 110 Monroe Ave.
- Hampton Inn & Suites Memphis - Beale Street
- Phone: +1-(901)-260-4000
- 175 Peabody Place
- Holiday Inn Downtown Memphis
- Phone: +1-(901)-525-5491
- 160 Union Ave.
- The Peabody Memphis
- Phone: +1-(901)-529-4000
- 149 Union Ave.
Find a Roommate!
You can also use the SIGCSE roommate database to find someone to room with. This is the preferred database of SIGCSE members around the world for finding roommates at the SIGCSE Technical Symposium. Honest.
Getting to SIGCSE 2016
Memphis International Airport (Airport Code: MEM)
Our airport is the Memphis International Airport (http://www.mscaa.com/).
The airport's phone number is +1-901-922-8000
To get from the airport to the downtown area you have a few options (see below).
To get from the conference center back to the hotel:
- If you are heading to the airport between noon and 5:00 we suggest you make use of motorcoaches we have contracted. They leave every 20 minutes starting at noon, with the last one leaving at 4:40 PM. Tickets are $10 per person and can be purchased on-site if you didn't but one when you registered.
- If you are heading to the airport some other time the same options as for getting from the airport are viable.
NOTE (From The Organizers)
FOR TRANSPORTATION BACK TO THE AIRPORT ON
We have contracted motorcoaches to run continuously between the Sheraton and the airport, every 20 minutes, between noon and 4:40. The cost is $10 per person. Tickets will be sold on-site too, up to coach capacities. The only coach that is full is one departing at 2:00 PM.
Your friendly neighborhood web master has found the following helpful information:
- TaxiFareFinder.com suggests a taxi will run $30-40 from the airport to the hotel.
- Yellow Cab and Checker Cab ("sister companies") suggest that you can call them to to schedule a taxi to take you to the airport (901-577-7777 or 800-796-7750), and for scheduled group airport shuttles, call 901-577-7700 or 800-796-7750.
- Blue City Tours advertises $25/person airport shuttles (cheaper in groups). I'm sure, if there was someone who could write code in this group, we could find a way to connect people up via smartphone app, so that we could minimize travel cost and maximize ride sharing...
- The website airportshuttles.com points to a number of services in Memphis, including Blacklane and GroundLink. Blacklane lists some "sedan class" rides from the hotel to the airport at roughly $56 (with room for three people, two suitcases, and two lunchboxes... I have no idea what the icons on this site mean), SUVs for $78 (which have room for 5 people and their associated suitcases and lunchboxes).
- If you book online, Mears Transportation seems to cost around $72 for a sedan-class airport-to-hotel service.
Things To Do Once You Are There
- The "Cheat Sheet" has a whole bunch of stuff.
- Memphis, Tennessee - Attractions, Restaurants, Hotels & Things To Do - Official Site
- City of Memphis - Visiting Memphis
- Tennessee Vacations - Memphis Convention Visitors Bureau
- Graceland.com - Plan Your Visit